If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Surface Area (Using Formulas)
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- We'll learn how to find surface area using formulas.
- We'll also learn where these formulas come from.
- And we'll see how this knowledge can help us make a pizza box, start a slushy business, and even make a treehouse.
Find the surface area of a rectangular prism with length 5 m, width 5 m, and height 2 m.
Find the surface area of a triangular prism that has height 3 cm and triangles with side lengths 6 cm, 8 cm, and 10 cm. The base of each triangle is 6 cm and the height is 8 cm.
Find the surface area of a cone with radius 4 in. and slant height 10 in. Use 3.14 for pi and round your answer to the nearest tenth.
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.