Oops! Your network administrator settings are blocking this video 🙁
Please ask your network admin to whitelist the following urls:
*.wisita.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Need Help? Call 866-936-5564 or email [email protected]
Moon & Its Phases
What you will learn from this videoWhat you will learn
- The moon’s phases are caused by its orbit around the earth.
- The moon does not make its own light, it only reflects it.
- The phases of the moon repeat in a cycle about every 28 days.
- The moon is smaller than the sun but appears the same size because it’s closer.
- Discussion Questions
- Reading Material
- Kahoot Quiz Instructions: (1) Click on the button above and then select classic or team mode. (2) Students should visit www.kahoot.it from their devices and enter the quiz PIN. (3) Click start! You can download scores at the end of the online quiz.
Draw and label a quarter moon and crescent moon using shading for darkness.
Why does the moon appear the same size as the sun?
If half of the moon is always lit, why do we see different phases? Explain with a diagram.