If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Transformations: Reflections & Translations
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- We'll learn about REFLECTIONS on a coordinate plane.
- We will also learn about TRANSLATIONS on a coordinate plane.
- And we'll see how this knowledge can help us design a website, create special effects, and even make posters!
Draw a square with vertices at (3, 5), (3, 9), (7, 5), and (7, 9). Reflect the square over the x-axis. What are the coordinates of the new vertices?
Draw a triangle with vertices at (–5, –6), (–2, –2), and (–1, –3). Translate the triangle 4 units right and 1 unit down. What are the coordinates of the new vertices?
Triangle ABC has vertices at (1, 2), (4, 2), and (4, 6). Triangle JKL has vertices at (–1, –1), (–4, –1), and (–4, 3). What sequence of transformations maps triangle ABC onto triangle JKL?
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.