If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Generate Number Patterns (Sequences That Follow a Given Rule)
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- How to identify patterns in a series of shapes or numbers.
- We can generate number patterns from a given rule, using operations like addition and multiplication.
- That number patterns can help us with road trips, science experiments and it can even helps us understand lightning!
A pattern shows a triangle, rectangle, and pentagon. What is the next shape in the pattern? Explain.
What are the next two numbers in the pattern? Explain how you know. 3, 6, 10, 20, 24, 48, 52, ____, ____
Adam starts a pattern in sidewalk chalk. He tells Brianne that she can fill in the next number in the pattern using the rule “double plus 1.” What number should Brianne write? 1, 3, 7, 15, ____. Brianne starts another pattern with a new rule. She tells Adam he can fill in the next number, but there’s a challenge! Her rule is a little bit like the one he used, but it’s definitely not the same. What number should Adam write? What is Brianne's rule? 1, 6, 26, 106, ____.
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.