If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Solve Problems with Ratios and Proportions
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- We'll learn that a proportion is the comparison of 2 ratios.
- We'll also learn how to set up proportions to solve real life problems.
- And we'll see that this knowledge can help us learn about our classmates, go on a road trip, and make yummy food!
A recipe for a cake calls for 3 cups of sugar to 2 cups of flour. If you are making a bigger batch and using 8 cups of flour, how many cups of sugar do you need?
The ratio of milk to tea in your drink is 1:8. If there are 2 ounces of milk in your tea, how many ounces of liquid are there in all?
Use cross-multiplication to solve for the missing variable. [ggfrac]2/5[/ggfrac]=[ggfrac]x/15[/ggfrac]
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.