If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- We'll learn how to express numbers in scientific notation.
- We'll also learn how to carry out operations with numbers expressed in scientific notation.
- And we'll discover that this knowledge can help us measure planets, climb mountains, and even go on a cruise! Let's explore!
The distance from Chicago to Honolulu is approximately 6,800 kilometers. Express this amount in scientific notation.
The radius of a certain atom is 1.06x10-10 meters. Express this amount in standard form.
Find the sum (6.3 x 104 + (3.9 x 105). Express the sum in scientific notation.
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.