If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Probability: Single Events
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- We'll learn about the probability of an event happening.
- We will also learn how to PREDICT the chances of an event happening.
- And we'll see how this knowledge can help us compete in sports, be on a game show, and understand bottle tricks!
If you pull a card from a standard deck, what is the probability that the card is a spade?
Janelle wants to check if the coin she has is fair. She decides to determine the experimental probability for heads, and then compare that to the theoretical probability of heads on a fair coin. Would Janelle get a better estimate of the experimental probability with 10 trials, or 100 trials?
Heather and Janet are in a free throw competition. So far in the competition, Heather has made 30 out of 50 shots. Janet has made 40 out 60 shots. Who is more likely to make their next shot?
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.