If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- A fraction represents part of a whole.
- We can apply what we know about multiplication to fractions.
- Fractions greater than 1 can be simplified to a mixed number.
Write [ggfrac]1/4[/ggfrac] + [ggfrac]1/4[/ggfrac] + [ggfrac]1/4[/ggfrac] as a multiplication problem and give the answer.
Camila multiplied 3 x [ggfrac]1/4[/ggfrac] and got [ggfrac]3/12[/ggfrac]. Explain what she did wrong.
Write a short word problem where you would solve 7 x [ggfrac]1/2[/ggfrac]. Give the answer.
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.