If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Multiplication Properties (Commutative, Associative & Distributive)
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- What multiplication PROPERTIES are.
- How the commutative, associative, and distributive properties can make multiplication problems easier.
- How this knowledge can help us play basketball, bake treats with friends, and even have remote control car races!
Without solving, use the commutative property to find another way to write the expression 3 × 4 × 7.
Without solving, use parentheses to show two different ways that the factors in the expression can be grouped: 9 × 21 × 18.
Connor wants to use the distributive property to solve find 12 × 6. He writes (5 × 2) + (7 × 4). What did he do wrong?
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.