If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Introduction to Perimeter
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- We’ll learn that perimeter is the distance around a shape.
- That we can use perimeter to figure out unknown sides of an object.
- And that knowing the perimeter can help us build a fort, have a party, and even hang our favorite picture.
What is the perimeter of a rectangle that has 2 sides labeled: 75 cm and 55 cm?
A shape has a perimeter of 190 cm. You labeled all sides but one and forget what the measurement is. You have these measurements written down: 30 cm, 40 cm, 20 cm, 70 cm. What is the length of the last side?
A rectangular dining room table has side lengths 3 m and 6 m. Jo multiplied 3 m × 6 m to find the perimeter of the table. Is Jo right? Tell why or why not.
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.