If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Intro to Algebraic Expressions
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- An algebraic expression is a number sentence with an unknown number.
- How to simplify algebraic expressions by combining like terms.
- And we'll see how this knowledge can help us count savings, order pizza, and even study earthquakes!
Circle the numerical expressions, and box the algebraic expressions. Leave any equations unmarked.   3x   15   y+7=24   [ggfrac]1/6[/ggfrac]  [ggfrac]n/2[/ggfrac]
Identify each term, coefficient, variable, and constant in the expression below. 5x+4-3x+y-6 Terms: ______________ Coefficients: _________ Variables: ____________ Constants: ___________
Simplify the expression 8n+7-3n+2. Then evaluate the simplified expression for n=4.
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.