Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Pushes and Pulls Activity for Kids
- 120-30 books
- 12 plastic cups
- 1Roll of masking tape
- 1Golf ball
- 1Design the shape of your golf course by placing the books next to each other.
- 2Cut the bottom out of one plastic cup to make a “tunnel” for the golf ball.
- 3Tape the plastic cup to the floor with the larger end towards the front.
- 4Tape another plastic cup to the floor to serve as the hole.
- 5Using a yard stick, have students hit the ball through the tunnel cup and into the hole.
How It Works
Using the yardstick, you can apply a force to push the ball through the tunnel and into the hole. The golfer will use different amounts of force (strong or weak) to make the ball move. They can hit the ball in different directions. The ball moves in the direction that the force was applied. With practice you can get better at making the ball move in the right direction and with the right amount of force.
Find More More Activities
Browse All Watch Full Lessons
Choose Your Free Trial Period
Get 90 Days Free
By inviting 4 other teachers to try it too.
Skip, I will use a 7 days free trial
Enjoy your free 90 days trial