If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Competition in Ecosystems Activity for Kids
- 1Bag of potting soil
- 3Small pots
- 1Pack of seeds
- 1Cup of Water
- 1Fill the three pots with an equal amount of soil.
- 2Make a hole in the center of the soil.
- 3In the first pot, add 3 seeds into the hole.
- 4In the second pot, add 20 seeds into the hole.
- 5In the third pot, add 100 seeds into the hole.
- 6Lightly cover the seeds with soil.
- 7Add ½ cup of water daily to each and observe over 4 weeks.
How It Works
Living things compete for resources to survive. This also includes plants. The pot with 3 seeds grew the best because there was less competition for resources, like water and light. That is also why the pot with 100 seeds grew the worst.
Watch Full Lessons
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial