It was processed successfully!
Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wisita.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Plant Growth Conditions Activity for Kids
Comparing Soil DIY
- Duration: 15-20 min set up.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cost: $0 to $5
Find out if plants grow better with fertilizer!
- 2Plant pots
- 1Package of seeds
- 1Bag of regular soil
- 1Container of plant fertilizer
- 1Container of water
- 1Fill each pot with the same amount of soil.
- 2Sprinkle one scoop of fertilizer into just one of the pots.
- 3Plant some seeds in each pot and cover the seeds with soil.
- 4Give each plant the same amount of water and light.
- 5Watch them grow for about 6 weeks.
- 6Observe to determine which plant grew better.
- Tip:Follow the fertilizer package directions.
- Warning:Wear gloves and wash your hands after handling fertilizer.
How It Works
The plant with the fertilizer grew better. Plants grow better when they have all the nutrients needed to be healthy. Many different kinds of natural chemicals are found in soil that plants use to grow. When you add plant fertilizer, it adds extra nutrients to the soil which helps it grow best. Most of the fruits, vegetables and grains we eat are grown with fertilizer.