It was processed successfully!
Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wisita.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
The Five Senses Activity for Kids
Scratch & Sniff DIY
- Duration: 15-30 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cost: $0 to $5
Make a scratch and sniff painting to explore your senses!
- 1White cardstock, letter size
- 1Paint brush
- 1Cup of water
- 1Bottle of white glue
- 4Flavors of powdered drink mix
- 4Disposable plastic cups
- 4Stirring sticks
- 1Measure one teaspoon of water into an empty cup.
- 2Add one tablespoon of glue to the water.
- 3Pour in one tablespoon of powdered drink mix and stir.
- 4Repeat until you have four flavors of the glue mixture.
- 5Paint a different simple shape with a new paintbrush for each flavor.
- 6Let the four designs dry overnight.
- 7Use your senses to make observations by scratching and sniffing.
- Warning:Do not taste the paintings because they contain glue.
How It Works
A scratch and sniff sticker or painting allows you to use more of your senses to enjoy it! The sticker or paint has flavors added to it that we can smell. You can use your nose to smell the flavor, eyes to observe the color of the design, ears to hear the rubbing sound, and your finger to feel the rough texture. Just don’t taste it because it has glue in it.