Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Animals Help Their Babies Survive Activity for Kids
- 1Sheet of colored paper
- 3Colored markers
- 1Roll of tape
- 1Pair of scissors
- 1Fold a piece of colored paper in half short ways and cut on the fold.
- 2Fold the edge of the paper about 1 cm from the edge.
- 3Unfold and draw a line along the fold.
- 4Draw a 1 cm tab along the fold and cut the rest of the flap.
- 5Decorate the center part of the paper.
- 6Use a pencil to roll up the paper, keeping the decorated part on the outside.
- 7Take the pencil out.
- 8Tape the tube and slightly bend up the little tab on the end.
- 9Gently breathe in to make the sound of a baby duck.
How It Works
When you breathe in you pull the small paper tab in towards the tube, which causes the paper to vibrate and make a sound. Many baby animals make sounds to let their parents know they need something, like food. When the parents hear their babies, they come over to see what their babies need. Parents help their babies survive!