Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Solids, Liquids and Gases Activity for Kids
- 12 Cups Corn starch
- 11 Cup Water
- 1A bowl
- 1Measuring Cups
- 1A spoon
- 1Old newspaper
- Warning:This activity can be messy.
- 1With the help of an adult, measure 2 cups of cornstarch and pour it into a bowl.
- 2Next pour 1 cup of water into the bowl.
- 3Now mix until the Oobleck forms, this could take a few minutes of mixing
- Tip:You may need to adjust the amount of water or cornstarch slightly to get the right consistency.
How It Works
Oobleck behaves like a liquid sometimes, and a solid at other times. If the Oobleck is pressed on, it acts like a solid and feels hard. Other times it doesn’t keep its shape and behaves like a liquid. This is because when you press on the Oobleck, the water gets trapped in between the pieces of cornstarch. The harder you press, the firmer the Oobleck becomes.