If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Solids, Liquids and Gases Activity for Kids
- 12 Cups Corn starch
- 11 Cup Water
- 1A bowl
- 1Measuring Cups
- 1A spoon
- 1Old newspaper
- Warning:This activity can be messy.
- 1With the help of an adult, measure 2 cups of cornstarch and pour it into a bowl.
- 2Next pour 1 cup of water into the bowl.
- 3Now mix until the Oobleck forms, this could take a few minutes of mixing
- Tip:You may need to adjust the amount of water or cornstarch slightly to get the right consistency.
How It Works
Oobleck behaves like a liquid sometimes, and a solid at other times. If the Oobleck is pressed on, it acts like a solid and feels hard. Other times it doesn’t keep its shape and behaves like a liquid. This is because when you press on the Oobleck, the water gets trapped in between the pieces of cornstarch. The harder you press, the firmer the Oobleck becomes.
Watch Full Lessons
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial