Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Reducing Our Impact on Earth Activity for Kids
- 1Cup of glue
- 1/2Cup of water
- 1Measuring cup
- 1Small bowl
- 1Paper plate
- 1Roll of plastic wrap
- 1Set of paint and a brush
- 1Mix 1/2-cup of water and 1 cup glue in a cup.
- 2Place the bowl upside-down on a paper plate.
- 3Wrap the bowl in plastic wrap.
- 4Paint a newspaper strip with the glue mixture on both sides.
- 5Lay the wet strips on the upside-down bowl.
- 6Repeat until you have completely covered the bowl with two layers.
- 7Let it dry for one day.
- 8Remove your paper bowl from the plastic wrap.
- 9Trim the bowl’s edge with scissors.
- Warning:This bowl is for decoration only. Do not use it for food or water.
How It Works
Newspaper is made from trees. Trees are an important natural resource. We depend on trees to give us heat, building materials, paper and oxygen to breathe. Reusing newspaper to make a bowl is one way to reduce our impact on the environment.