If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Natural Selection Activity for Kids
- 1Green piece of paper
- 1Pair of sunglasses
- 1Piece of bubble wrap
- 1Pair of tongs
- 1Variety of colorful items, like paperclips
- 1Scatter the colorful items on the green paper.
- 2Fold the bubble wrap around the sunglasses and put them on.
- 3Start your stopwatch timer and collect as many colorful pieces with the tongs as you can see, one at a time.
- 4Stop after 20 seconds.
- 5Observe which colors you collected and which ones you missed.
- 6Try it with a different color of paper.
How It Works
Most of the green paper clips remained because they have a trait that helped them survive in the environment. Geen paper clips are harder to notice on green paper so they got picked up less often. If you did this with yellow paper, most of the yellow clips would be left. That is natural selection at work! Over many generations, it can cause major changes in living things.
Watch Full Lessons
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial