If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Material Properties and Purposes Activity for Kids
- 2Baby diapers
- 1Plastic cup
- 1Ziploc bag
- 1Pair of scissors
- 1Cup of water
- 1With the help of an adult, cut open two baby diapers.
- 2Pull out the fluffy material inside and put it in a Ziploc bag.
- 3Seal the bag and shake it for 30 seconds.
- 4With the help of an adult, cut one small corner of the bag to get the powder out.
- 5Put the powder into an empty plastic cup.
- 6Pour warm water into the cup about halfway.
- 7Wait one minute and then observe what is in the cup.
How It Works
The powder inside a diaper is made of a super absorbent material. When you mixed water with the powder, it absorbed it like a sponge. Because of this useful property, this material is used in babies’ diapers to help clean up a baby’s mess.
Watch Full Lessons
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial