It was processed successfully!
Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wisita.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Light Reflection & Vision Activity for Kids
- Duration: 60-120 min
- Difficulty: Hard
- Cost: $0 to $20
Use light reflection to create an illusion that looks like a hologram!
- 1Video on a black background like this one.
- 1Large screen, like an ipad/tablet
- 1Sheet of clear plastic
- 1Roll of tape
- 1Box or dollhouse should be large enough for the sheet of clear plastic to fit inside diagonally
- 1Download this video for your tablet or make your own on a black background.
- 2Cut a hole in the side of the box to fit your tablet. Tape it in place.
- 3Place the sheet of plastic diagonally inside the box and secure it with tape.
- 4View the video from the front, and adjust the room lighting to make it look realistic.
- Note:This is the most difficult DIY on our website.
How It Works
This may look like a high-tech effect, but we are simply using light reflection. The light from the video is reflected off the surface of the clear plastic. Since the plastic is at an angle, the reflection is visible from the front of the box. Since the plastic is also transparent, you can see through the image as well, giving it a ghostly effect.