It was processed successfully!
Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wisita.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Habitats Activity for Kids
Diarama Habitat DIY
- Duration: Few hours
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cost: $0 to $15
Make a shoebox diorama of an animal habitat!
- 1Glue stick
- 1Plastic animal
- 1Set of decoration supplies to build your habitat with
- 1Choose an animal for your diorama.
- 2Lay the lid of your shoebox on a table with the inside showing.
- 3Put glue on one side of the shoebox and stand it up on the lid.
- 4Decorate your shoebox so that it looks like the habitat of your chosen animals.
- 5Once your diorama is decorated, you can place your animal inside.
How It Works
Animals will only live where their needs are met. Needs include food, shelter and water. There are many different habitats around the world and each habitat can have many different animals. Your habitat should look like the place that your animal naturally lives and grows and it should include food and water.