If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Bacteria & Viruses Activity for Kids
- 2Slices of bread
- 2Sealable plastic bags
- 1Roll of tape
- 1Spray bottle
- 1Spray 3 squirts of water on each slice of bread.
- 2Write “COOL” on one bag, and “WARM” on the other.
- 3Add the pieces of bread to each bag.
- 4Close the bags and tape the seals airtight.
- 5Put the bag labeled “COOL” in the fridge.
- 6Put the bag labeled “WARM” somewhere warm and dark, like a kitchen cupboard.
- 7Let the bags sit there for 1 week then observe!
- 8When done keep the bag sealed and throw it away.
- CautionAdult supervision is suggested.
How It Works
Like bacteria, fungi are also microbes. Fungi include yeast, mushrooms, and mold. Cold temperatures slow the growth of microbes, which is why we have refrigerators. Things last longer in the fridge because bacteria and fungi grow slower in the cold. This is why the “COOL” bread doesn’t grow mold over a week, while the “WARM” bread does.
Find More More Activities
Browse All Watch Full Lessons
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial