Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Gravity Pulls Things Down Activity for Kids
- 1Large clear container
- 1Very long string of party beads
- 1Weight like a marker or pen
- 1Fill up the container with the string of beads. Careful not to tangle it.
- 2Leave the end dangling out the top.
- 3Take a small weight and tie it to the dangling end of the beads.
- 4Now grab the weighted end of the beads and drop it.
- 5Observe gravity in action as the beads fall.
How It Works
As the beads flow out to the floor, they form an arc up and out of the container. The force of gravity pulls down on the beads, but first they have to travel up out of the container. As one bead falls out, it pulls the next one out. The force of gravity pulls the weight down which causes the beads to be pulled out of the container.
Find More More Activities
Browse All Watch Full Lessons
Choose Your Free Trial Period
Get 90 Days Free
By inviting 4 other teachers to try it too.
Skip, I will use a 7 days free trial
Enjoy your free 90 days trial