It was processed successfully!
Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wisita.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Plants Need Water And Light Activity for Kids
Grow Plants in a Jar DIY
- Duration: 30-45 min
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cost: $0 to $5
Plant your very own seed and watch them grow!
- 1Pack of cress seeds a fast-growing, edible herb
- 1Small jar or cup
- 1Pack of cotton balls
- 1Spray bottle with water
- 1Pack of markers, googly eyes, etc
- 1Decorate your jar/cup.
- 2Fill the jar/cup to the top with cotton balls.
- 3Carefully sprinkle seeds on top of the cotton balls.
- 4Lightly spray their seeds with water from the spray bottle.
- 5Place their seed jar/cup in a sunny location that is not too hot.
- 6Give your seeds three sprays of water each day.
- 7Observe over a week to watch the seeds grow!
How It Works
All plants need water and light to grow. Cress seeds came from a cress plants and when we added water and light, they grew into new plants. Most plants grow best in soil where their roots can get additional nutrients from the ground, but as you can see in this DIY, many plants can grow without soil. We grew cress seeds because they are easy to grow and they grow fast.