Oops! It looks like your security settings are blocking this video 🙁
If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
Introduction to Traits Activity for Kids
- 1Set of animal pictures (download here)
- 1Pair of scissors
- 1Glue stick
- 1Pack of index cards
- 1Cut animal pictures apart and glue each one onto an index card.
- 2Shuffle the cards face down.
- 3Partner 1 can take a card and hold it up to their forehead without looking at it.
- 4Partner 2 will start to list traits of the animal.
- 5Partner 1 will try to guess which animal they have.
- 6When you guess correctly switch players.
- 7Decide the winner by timing it or by seeing how many guesses it takes.
How It Works
Traits help to describe the features of an animal. Traits are passed down from parents to their babies. Traits can be used to tell animals apart, such as baby bunnies that have different fur color. It can also be used to describe different animals like an elephant vs. a giraffe.